Daniel Bryan Heel Turn: Good or Bad Idea?
In this week's Swerve Me Wrong episode, we discuss whether or not Daniel Bryan's heel turn is a good idea or a bad idea. Ralph believe it is a bad idea while Michael believes it is a good idea.
On the November 13, 2018 episode of Smackdown, Bryan defeated AJ Styles to become the WWE Champion for the 4th time in his career. After the match, he assaulted Styles and turned heel.
Why Ralph thinks it is a bad idea:
- The timing is off. This basically throws away a match that could have had a lot of build between Bryan and WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar.
- His character is better as a babyface. Daniel Bryan is the underdog. Turning heel just ruins that.
- By losing the Lesnar, the title win becomes lackluster and would have been bigger had Styles beat Lesnar at Survivor Series before Daniel Bryan won the title.
Why Michael thinks it is a good idea:
- He instantly becomes the top heel on Smackdown, where there is no "top heel"
- It sets up the match everybody wanted for a bigger stage. AJ Styles vs. Brock Lesnar can now happen at Wrestlemania
- It also sets up an interesting role reversal where Bryan becomes the heel and The Miz becomes the face for a match they can have at Wrestlemania